Monday, January 7, 2013

More Christmas, New Year's Eve & Downton Abbey

Okay. So I always have these high hopes of blogging more than once a week and they rarely come to fruition. So forgive me as I may or may not proceed to share some Christmasey stuff in this post. Yes, I realize it's a week into 2013 already. But I'm behind, okay?

But first, let me ask you. Do you watch Downton Abbey? BUT WAIT! Before you rush down and reveal all the juicy spoilers, I don't watch it. I know, I KNOW. Calm down. What I want to know is, should I? So many people, everywhere I turn, are OBSESSED. But here's the thing, I tried to watch it once and only made it through the first hour. Kind of painfully actually. It bored me a little bit (sorry!). But maybe I made a rash decision to not finish and should give it more time. Feel free to convince me that I should watch it...

Anyway, I really only want your opinions on Downton Abbey but I should probably share photos from my last couple weeks before another week goes by. Besides our Christmas at the coast with my extended family, we also got together at my parents house as well as with Lance's family. And then, on NYE, we had some people over and played games, ate pizza and mixed up some fancy drinks. 

I didn't take many pictures of any of these events, but here are a few snapshots...

[From our time with Lance's fam]
His dad makes super yummy omelettes. Also, we always leave Palazzo family gatherings fully stocked on health & wellness products. It's like they want us to live long lives or something?! 

[From my parent's house]
Santa brought Jack a new friend. His name is Earl. Earl and Jack are besties. 

[New Year's Eve]
There was this game. It was called Seven Wonders. Maybe you've heard of it? The men in the room were obsessed. Me? Not so much. It was quite boring confusing. I don't even know what was going on or what I was doing. But that's fine. I think I managed to get third place (or so they tell me). 

6 comments:

Eat Live Love said...

Gorgeous pictures!! Those platters on the wall are amazing! And yes you must watch Downton Abbey, best show ever!!

Meg Arnold said...

I love Downton Abbey, such a great show. Do you like Pride and Prejudice?
We just watched season 1 and 2 of Downton {we got it for christmas} and I am so happy that season 3 just started. I usually watch re-runs of shows on hulu, but for downton i looked up when it was on tv and watched it right there, haha! for me that's dedication.
I would totally mail it to you {if you promise to return it, haha}
anyway, happy blogging!
meg

helen said...

ahhhhh, i LOVE downton abbey. i only started watching it recently - in november - but the husband and i were hooked right away and watched 2 seasons in less than 2 weeks. i think it gets better after the first episode. try it again, because it is worth it :) the third season just started yesterday, and it is wonderful!

Altax said...

Lovely pictures and awesome photography.

Virtual Games

Karen A. said...

Cute pictures, especially the omelette! Made me hungry :)

Whitney said...

Your pictures are beautiful!! And so are you :) I love your blog design! Your icons on the left are perfect!

I've been debating if I should start Downton Abbey or not??

Happy to be following along now! Would love if you stopped by mine!

Whitney
michaelandwhitneyweekes.blogspot.com